PulmoLife COPD Screening and Lung Age Meter
Micro Medical PulmoLife is a new COPD screening device, designed for quick and easy screening of adult smokers for early detection of COPD. Smokers are at the greatest risk of developing COPD and decline in lung function in susceptible smokers has been shown to be twice that of non-smokers. This small, innovative device measures FEV1, the measurement of choice in COPD screening. The unit will display a patient's result together with the FEV1 as a percentage of their predicted value. These results are used to calculate a 'Lung Age'. The associated 'Lung Age' graphical display may help the patient realise the physical damage caused by smoking, encouraging attendance for smoking cessation advice and full spirometry assessment, leading to early diagnosis and appropriate management of COPD.
- FEV1 testing programs
- Identification of early signs of COPD in smokers over 40 or anyone with symptoms+
- Helping susceptible smokers to quit
- FEV1 and FEV1 % predicted
- PulmoLife continues the Micro Medical tradition of being accurate and simple to use and provides health professionals with a useful and unique mass-screening tool to help reduce the burden of chronic lung disease.
- Measures FEV1 - the measurement of choice in COPD screening
- Gives FEV1 result as a percentage of predicted values
- 'Lung Age' Interpretation (Morris and Temple)
- Used as a motivational tool for smoking cessation
- Transducer Digital Volume Transducer
- Resolution 0.01L
- Accuracy +/-3% To ATS/ERS Standardisation of
- Spirometry 2005
- Volume Range 0 - 8 L As per ATS/ERS recommendations
- Flow Range 0-14 L/s As per ATS/ERS recommendations
- Predicted Values 1) ECCS, 2) NHANES III, 3) Asian (Chinese)
- Display Custom Liquid Crystal
- Power Supply 3V Lithium Ion Coin Cell Battery
- Dimension 131 x 59 x 38mm
- Weight Unit only: 96g
- Packed: 260g
- Free delivery on orders over £75 (UK only).
- £4.99 for orders under £75
- £6.99 for Next Working day delivery
- £10.99 for Next working day before 10:30am
- All prices are Excl VAT.
- Orders Placed on Monday to Thursday before 3pm will be dispatched the same day (if all items are in stock)
- Orders placed on Fridays before 12pm will be dispatched the same day (if all items are in stock)
- All the above excludes Bank Holidays
- We can deliver Worldwide
- International deliveries can take longer than the standard 2-5 working days
- P&P charges may change. We will contact you before applying these changes and confirming your order
- It is the customer’s responsibility to confirm specific custom requirements for their country. MidMeds will accept no responsibility for customs refusal and all charges will be passed on to the client.
- 30 Day money back guarantee, as long as the products are in their original condition (This excludes Furniture, Special orders and Pharmaceuticals).
- You will receive a full refund minus postage and a 3% credit transaction charge if you paid by credit card.
- For more information visit our help desk for FAQ