Amnicator™ x 10
Amnicator™ x 10
Amnicator™ is a rapid and simple method for detecting ruptured amniotic membranes.
Amnicators™ are individually wrapped sterile swabs impregnated with a sensitive pH indicator, Nitrazine yellow. The principle of the Amnicator™ test is that normal vaginal pH at term ranges between 4.5-6.0 and amniotic fluid is usually 7.0-7.5. By means of a simple pH colour change of the Nitrazine yellow, which has a sharp endpoint, (6.4-6.8), exactly in the desired pH range, the midwife or obstetrician can accurately detect the presence of amniotic fluid. Amnicators™ will reliably distinguish neutral or slightly alkaline amniotic fluid from the acidic cervical and vaginal mucus or urine.
Using the sterile speculum Amnicator™ is introduced into the vagina and any fluid coming from the cervix or pooled in the posterior vaginal fornix is sampled. The Amnicator™ is then simply withdrawn and examined for a colour change. Leakage or even a small amount of fluid is sufficient to change the nitrazine yellow indicator.
The Amnicator™ test is far quicker and simpler to perform than resorting to the microscopic examination of escaping fluid, detecting the presence of protein or using orally administered dyes to stain urine, to distinguish amniotic fluid from normal secretions and urine.
Individually wrapped and sterile.
Amnicator™ - rapid and simple method for detecting ruptured amniotic membranes.
Accurately detect the presence of amniotic fluid.
Quicker and simpler to perform than resorting to the microscopic examination of escaping fluid.
- Free delivery on orders over £75 (UK only).
- £4.99 for orders under £75
- £6.99 for Next Working day delivery
- £10.99 for Next working day before 10:30am
- All prices are Excl VAT.
- Orders Placed on Monday to Thursday before 3pm will be dispatched the same day (if all items are in stock)
- Orders placed on Fridays before 12pm will be dispatched the same day (if all items are in stock)
- All the above excludes Bank Holidays
- We can deliver Worldwide
- International deliveries can take longer than the standard 2-5 working days
- P&P charges may change. We will contact you before applying these changes and confirming your order
- It is the customer’s responsibility to confirm specific custom requirements for their country. MidMeds will accept no responsibility for customs refusal and all charges will be passed on to the client.
- 30 Day money back guarantee, as long as the products are in their original condition (This excludes Furniture, Special orders and Pharmaceuticals).
- You will receive a full refund minus postage and a 3% credit transaction charge if you paid by credit card.
- For more information visit our help desk for FAQ