Videne Antiseptic Aqueous Solution 500ml
- Povidone-Iodine USP 10% w/w. Detergent based solution with emollient.
- For use as hand wash / scrub & pre-operative skin preparation.
- Effective as hand wash / scrub
Manufacturer advice on using the solution once opened:
From a chemical point of view, Videne Skin Preparation products should remain stable after opening for as long as the unopened shelf-life, provided the cap is replaced as soon as possible after the product has been dispensed, and the product is stored as specified. Good aseptic technique should be applied, such as taking care to replace the cap as soon as possible after dispensing the product, taking care not to contaminate the cap or the inside of the neck of the bottle (e.g. touching with fingers) during dispensing, ensuring that no unused product is tipped back into the bottle and taking steps to avoid contamination being knowingly introduced to the neck or the contents (e.g. tipping the bottle directly onto dressings or drapes, for example, rather than pouring into a separate container first) etc.
However, many hospitals do choose to apply a risk assessment to how the product is used in their facility, and may choose to give a shorter in-use shelf-life, depending on the potential contamination risks. This will be based on how the product is used in practice in their facility (e.g. how often the bottle is opened in a day, how the product is handled, how long one bottle would typically be in use in a given area, etc). In some cases, it may mean that a date of first opening is required to be written indelibly onto the bottle so that the expiry can be accurately determined.
Ecolab recommends that bottles of Videne Skin Preparation products should not be open for longer than a week.
There have not yet been any questions asked asked regarding this product.
Be the first by selecting the Ask a Question button.
- We can deliver Worldwide
- International deliveries can take longer than the standard 2-5 working days
- P&P charges may change. We will contact you before applying these changes and confirming your order
- It is the customer’s responsibility to confirm specific custom requirements for their country. MidMeds will accept no responsibility for customs refusal and all charges will be passed on to the client.
- 30 Day money back guarantee, as long as the products are in their original condition (This excludes Furniture, Special orders and Pharmaceuticals).
- You will receive a full refund minus postage and a 3% credit transaction charge if you paid by credit card.
- For more information visit our help desk for FAQ
- Free Delivery
On orders over £75 exc VAT
- 1 to 5 Day Delivery
Next day delivery optional
- International Delivery
Options are at checkout
- Save with MidMeds
We will aim to beat any lower price found elsewhere, simply complete our Price Beat form
- Buying in larger quantities?
Phone for a quote:
0845 003 4212
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Suresign D-Dimer Tests x 10
Saving you: 43%
£85.00 Excl. VAT £102.00 Incl. VAT
ProPulse ProTect Disposable Waterproof Shoulder Cape x 36
£14.99 Excl. VAT £17.99 Incl. VAT
Ultrasound Gel 250g
£2.30 Excl. VAT £2.76 Incl. VAT
DispozABLE Spacer x 10
£13.60 Excl. VAT £16.32 Incl. VAT