Videne Surgical Scrub - 500ml
This product has restricted access if you have been authorised to buy these products please log in now
If you are not authorised yet and you are a GP Surgery, Pharmacy, Dispensing Doctor, Dentist, Wholesale Distributor, Nurse or Midwife then feel free to download a form here and send it back to us via Email, Fax or Post Or you can contact us on 01992 893 398 to gain authorisation.
Videne Surgical Scrub - 500ml
Detergent based solution with Povidone-Iodine USP 7.5% w/w. Povidone-iodine is extremely effective against a wide range of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, fungi and bacterial spores.
For use as hand wash/scrub & pre-operative skin preparation. With added emollients that keep the skin moist and protected. Videne Surgical Scrub can be used with confidence, ensuring healthcare professionals can fully comply with recommended scrub practices as recommended in the AfPP Surgical Hand Antisepsis Guidelines 2014.
Features and Benefits:
Broad Spectrum Efficacy and Trusted Protection
Povidone-iodine is extremely effective against a wide range of Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria, fungi and bacterial spores.
With added emollients that keep the skin moist and protected. Videne Surgical Scrub can be used with confidence, ensuring healthcare professionals can fully comply with recommended scrub practices as recommended in the AfPP Surgical Hand Antisepsis Guidelines 2014.
Licensed Povidone-Iodine Surgical Scrub and Skin Disinfection
Videne Surgical Scrub has been granted a marketing authorisation by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), providing assurance of the product’s safety and efficacy.
Povidone-iodine provides the additional benefit of appropriate and enhanced visualisation of the prepared area.
Application Area and Usage:
Videne Surgical Scrub is a broad-spectrum antiseptic for topical use. It is indicated for pre-operative hand disinfection by the surgical team, or for disinfecting the site of incision prior to elective surgery.
Posology and method of administration
Antiseptic Hand Wash: Wet the hands and forearms, apply 5 ml of skin cleanser and wash for one minute. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
Pre-operative Surgical Scrub: After first wetting the hands and arms with water, approximately 3.5ml of Videne Surgical Scrub is applied and rubbed thoroughly on to these areas. A brush may be used to scrub the nails. A little water is added to develop a lather and finally this must be rinsed off with running water.
Pre-operative Skin Preparation: the site of incision should be washed with Videne Surgical Scrub two or three times a day prior to the operation. Immediately before surgery the skin should be moistened with water, Videne Surgical Scrub applied and rubbed thoroughly into the area for several minutes. A sterile gauze swab is used to develop a lather which must be finally rinsed off with water. Only water should be used to dilute Videne Surgical Scrub.
Composition and Shelf Life:
Povidone-iodine 7.5% w/w
Alkyl Phenol Ether Sulphate (ammonium salt)
Polyethylene glycol 400
Anhydrous disodium hydrogen phosphate
Store below 30°C in a dry place, protected from light
- Free delivery on orders over £75 (UK mainland only)
- £4.99 for orders under £75 (UK mainland only)
- £6.99 for Next Working day delivery
- £10.99 for Next working day before 10:30am
- All prices are Excl VAT
- Orders Placed on Monday to Thursday before 3pm will be dispatched the same day (if all items are in stock)
- Orders placed on Fridays before 12pm will be dispatched the same day (if all items are in stock)
- All the above excludes Bank Holidays & Direct Delivery items
- Items delivered direct from the Manufacturer may take longer.
- If you wish to order a direct delivery item but need the item by a certain date, please call us on 01992 893 398 and we will endeavour to get a delivery time for you.
- We can deliver Worldwide
- International deliveries can take longer than the standard 2-5 working days
- P&P charges may change. We will contact you before applying these changes and confirming your order
- It is the customer’s responsibility to confirm specific custom requirements for their country. MidMeds will accept no responsibility for customs refusal and all charges will be passed on to the client
- 30 Day money back guarantee, as long as the products are in their original condition (This excludes Furniture, Special Orders and Pharmaceuticals)
- You will receive a full refund minus postage and a 3% credit transaction charge if you paid by credit card
- For more information visit our help desk for FAQ